Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Sirius Needs to Get Serious about Fox

Satellite radio truly is the bomb. But not when it doesn't carry what you want. I began a subscription to Sirius last fall, and enjoyed it immensely, chiefly the 80s station and related stuff, as well as Fox News Channel.

But now Sirius has pulled Fox in favor of CNN. My calls to Sirius this morning indicate that they are still in negotiations with Fox, but aren't certain if they'll return to Sirius.

And given that I chose Sirius for a few reasons, but chiefly because they carried Fox, Sirius may not be in the air on my car for much longer. And given that the channel for Fox is now carrying CNN, I can't but imagine that Fox's days are over on Sirius.

On the other hand, XM is carrying not just Fox News, but Fox Radio. I encourage all Sirius subscribers, to contact Sirius to make their concerns known. Because they can't afford even a tiny little loss of listeners with Howard Stern's bill of $100 million per year.

Adios Sirius.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home