Thursday, September 01, 2005

Our Own Sacrifice

I have made no secret that I am a supporter of our troops and the Administration's stated objectives in Iraq, but till now, it had little tangible affect on my family.

Today, however, my brother (in law, my wife's younger brother), U.S. Army SSgt. Frank Lefler, Jr. will leave his wife of 5 months, Jennifer, and the rest of us in his family, to do his part in Iraq. Frank is not in the least excited about leaving his wife whom he adores, nor the new home they just bought, but he has a duty before him, his head is in the game, and he will discharge it to the best of his ability. Frank loves America. And while he isn't completely thrilled with every last bit of the way the war has gone, he believes in the work he is about to do. He believes in freedom, and believes that this is the way to win it.

And this does not change our outlook on the war. It is a cost about which we are not happy, but freedom is not free.

You can monitor their progress over the next year at their blog site. Keep them both in your prayers.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peter, thank you so much for being such a big supporter of Frank. I love him dearly and my love only grows knowing that he is part of the reason why this country is so great! I'm proud to say my husband is in the Army fighting for our freedom and I know in my heart that God will bring him home to us. A man like Frank has too much to accomplish in his life for it to be any other way! Thank you again for reminding your readers that war affects all communities and that hero's are all around. No matter people's opinion of the war they need to be reminded that there are real people out serving to give them the freedom to have their own opinion. Much Love!! Jenn

9:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home