Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Freudian Slip?

I'd like to give MSNBC the benefit of the doubt that they probably favor the elimination of the terrorist insurgants in Iraq, but this headline that is on their site gives me pause. I copied it verbatim, using that handy copy function that computers have in the event that they change the wording:

"85 Iraqi militants killed Worst death toll for rebels in months as U.S., Iraqi
forces raid suspected training camp"

I would argue that this us the BEST death toll for these terrorists. I hope MSNBC would too.

UPDATE

Yep, they changed the headline already. I think this is just a hilarious byproduct of the reflexively negative reports we get on Iraq.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Peter Grynch said...

I recall an article about different reporting standards at Fox vs. CNN. After a suicide bombing attack in Israel, the Fox headline proclaimed "Bomber Kills Seven" while CNN proclaims "Bomb Kills Seven."

While technically accurate, the CNN headline implies the bomb acted alone.

5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home