Friday, March 18, 2005

Despicable Indecency

I've never credited the further left Democrats for having any redeemable qualities. And after this from Kevin McCullough, courtesy of RealClearPolitics, I'm not about to start.

The Congress took up the Terry Schiavo issue, but certain leftist senators, such as Harry Reid, Charles Schumer, and Dianne Feinstein (the last of whom I had a good deal of respect for before this), felt that the Republicans have scored too many wins in the Senate this month to get "Terry's Bill" as a freebie. I can only presume that Terry's Bill is "Republican" rather than non-partisan because it somehow opposes the eugenic "right to die" philosophies that the left often supports. Not wanting to be bogged down in the petty moral dilemmas caused by Terry's case, these Senate Democrats rose above that and logrolled Terry's life to get unrelated items in the Federal budget that they wanted. Because, I guess, it was the Dem's turn for a win.

I'd love to know which programs, for how much, and what states/districts were benefited by "Terry's Tradeoffs". Because it would help me get a better handle on the monetary value that these people place on a life.

Whether I ever find that out or not, at the very least, I have obtained a much greater insight into the moral character of these Senators.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home